25A DC Motor Control - PCB Model IV
For Hall Effect Throttle Information, Please visit the throttle page to see all the models we have available
Explore the possibilities with our latest, hand-crafted Series IV Hall Effect Throttle Controller, bringing you the pinnacle of durability and reliability. This Australian-made marvel is designed to withstand the test of time, promising multiple applications across many years, not just a one-off usage like inferior units. Best of all, they use common off the shelf parts and can be repaired by anyone with simple electronics experience!
Our Series IV innovation builds upon the legacy of the Series III, expertly engineered to support a wider range of motors that customers frequently use. We haven't merely gone the extra mile, we've forged a whole new path of excellence.
Heralding a High Power Design, the Series IV Controller shines as one of the best value units in its price range. Its high-quality features are typically seen in controllers that cost 2-3 times more.
- Compatible with 12V-48V Input Voltage (Battery Bank) and 12V-55V (Regulated Power Supply).
- Simple and user-friendly setup.
- 0-100% Speed Regulation for optimal control.
- Constant torque delivery with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM).
- State-of-the-art Industrial Design.
- Efficient High Voltage Regulator.
- Internal OR External On/Off Switch.
- Soft start settings (Off, Slow, Slower) ensuring smooth operations every time you power up or down.
- Simple to setup and use!
- 0-100% Speed Regulation!
- Constant torque with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- High Quality Industrial Design
- Efficient High Voltage Regulator
- On/Off Switch (Built in!)
- 3 Soft start settings (Off, Slow, Slower) ramps up to the desired speed once the controller is switched on, and unlike cheap controllers every time you switch it off and on (using the switch) it will ramp up to speed again!
- Peak Current up to 40A for up to 60 seconds or Short duration Bursts up to 75A for less than 5 seconds.
- Sustained duty at 25A.
- Double-sided 2 Oz PCB.
- High-speed Mosfet driver averaging 1.6uS opening/closing times.
- High Current 180A Mosfets with the world's lowest RDS On in TO-220.
- Low Battery Voltage cut-out (compatible with 12V, 24V, and 36V).
- Adjustable Frequency from 300Hz to 32Khz.
- Hall Effect Throttles compatibility - Optional addon! Requires an optional Intergreated Circuit (IC) to be added to the controller
- Over voltage, ESD & EMF back voltage Protection.
- Included Filtering, Clamping & Snubber Protection.
- Adjustable Start Positioning for Hall Effect and Potentiometer setups.
- 8 Way Terminal Block for simplified connections.
- External connectors for Hall Effect or Potentiometer, facilitating custom cable lengths up to 5m.
- Passive cooling mechanism, eliminating the need for failure-prone fans.
- Highly Configurable to meet your specific needs.
- Options for Potentiometer, Hall Effect Throttle, or Hall Effect Foot Throttle.
- Suitable for use with power supplies without the risk of feeding excess power back into the source.
It's essential to be aware of the current drawn by your motor. Some motors, including those we sell, can be overdriven. For instance, a 450W motor at 24V should consume about 24A, but under heavy load, the current draw can surge as high as 150A. Be mindful of the voltages your motor can generate as well.
Pairing a high-power motor with this controller and overdriving it is not advisable. The suppression diode in this controller can handle up to 1200v from the motor, but an inductor motor can generate exceptionally high voltages that could feed back into the controller. To mitigate high voltages, consider adding a snubber to your motor setup.
Simply download the instructions on the 'Attachments' page !